Breakfast is a must on Whole30. It wasn’t something I was consistent at. But aside from how much better I feel eating three meals a day, it’s one of the rules. In order to have a successful Whole30 you have to follow the rules.
There aren’t a ton of rules but they are strict. You do not eat or drink certain things; you do not recreate your treats with compliant ingredients, no cauliflower pizza crust here; you stay off of the scale and step away from the tape measure.It’s not hard. It really isn’t. Have you heard ten million times that if I can do this you can do this? Make that ten million and one.
It’s important that you have a good support team. Sister and I have that in each other and we have Cuz who stays connected with us and cheers us on. One of the ways you’re held accountable is by telling someone what you’re doing. Hello out there!
I was going through sister’s recipe collection and came across one of my favorites I want to share with you, ground turkey sausage patties. It isn’t difficult. In fact, the hardest part is sometimes finding the ground turkey. The results are simply oh, so good.
Really, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4.
Measure out your spices. Mix with turkey and garlic. Make patties and cook.
So easy. So tasty.
I hope you enjoy.
Ground Turkey Sausage Patties
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper more or less for spicy or mild
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Stir spices together thoroughly.
- Place turkey in a large bowl with the garlic and sprinkle evenly with some of the spice mixture.
- Stir the turkey well, adding more spice mixture, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the skillet is preheating, form the sausage into patties. This should yield about 10 patties.
- Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. When it shimmers add patties in a single layer.
- Cook sausage patties approximately 3 minutes on each side or until sausage is no longer pink in the middle.
- Drain on paper towels.